Saturday, July 13, 2013

Living (in) Love

I'm fizzing with excitement to get to yoga today. I just know there will be miracles - maybe small ones, but significant ones. Body ones, mind ones, community ones. This journey is one I've wanted to take for a long time, and now that I am here, I can't imagine being anywhere else.

It makes me think about the action of love. How active can it get? How outreaching, how outward tending, how careful, how thoughtful? One of our teachers tells us that the hardest person to love is yourself. How does that action help you love others?

I think for me the crux is attention and trust. Love isn't never having to say you're sorry, but it's being willing to, and knowing one how that the person you hurt won't disappear. It's wanting to do your best not to hurt them again. 

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment